SoundForest.org is working with TDOT (Tennessee Department of Transporation) and Metro to build and maintain our Canopy Park Loop Trail. This 3 mile UrbanActive multi-use primitive trail is located in the heart of Belmont-Hillsoboro and 12 Ave South Neighborhoods. A great spot to workout, enjoy nature, and then relax in the 12 South Business District or Franklin Road's Melrose area. Home to great spots such as Burger Up, Frothy Monkey, Edley's, 12 South Taproom, and much more!
Canopy Park Loop: 3 Mile off road primitive Trail. We have combined a portion of Sevier Park and a portion of TDOT's Land to create a primitive trail for off road trail running, hiking, and meadow biking ( a relaxed form of mountain biking).
Pleasant Meadows Extension: 3 Mile extension loop. Pure goodness. We are working to add 3 more miles to make a 6 mile loop. This will run parallel to the Greenway the city is building along Battlefield.
This trail is currently available for use but we have much work to do! We are raising money to work on a number of much needed projects!
- plant trees - We would like to add multiple tree groves. Each grove will be a different native species.
- build bridges - There are 5 locations we could use bridges over water crossings
- move fences - We'd like to work to move a fence so we have access to a major waterway
- cut down invasive plant species - Much work needs to be done to remove Privet and Japanesse Honey Suckle
- define trails - We need to continually cut back over grown areas
- slope cuts for trail - some sections with cross grades need to be cut to level for easier passage
- post way point signage - We wish to place wooden markings along the trial to mark distance
- work with the city to install proper street crossings
- trail crossing - we would like to make wooden trail crossing signs so traffic will be aware of the areas where the trail intersects with roads
- build kiosk - we would like to build a kiosk with a large map at the trail heads
- fruit trees - we would like to plant a fruit tree orchard in one section to provide pear, plum, peach and apple
Help us make these improvements! Join SoundForest.org and be a part of the future of a healthier Nashville.
email: email@example.com if you wish to find out more, contribute, or volunteer to maintain this open space!